Social Media & Your Product Packaging
It's hard for some businesses to accept the idea that their product packaging is critical to their overall success. It's likely that they've just spent countless hours and dollars ensuring that their product meets their satisfaction-what does it matter how it is packaged as long as it makes it into customers' hands?
According to all the latest research, it matters a lot, especially when it comes to exposure. Why? Because of social media. Unboxing products that we're excited about has become a communal experience online. People want to share what they've received and are interested in unique products their friends, families, followers have purchased.
A few years ago, DotCom Distribution conducted an Ecommerce Packaging Survey to learn more about online consumers (and consumers in general) when it came to their behavior on the web. Here's what they found:
- Almost 40% of consumers would share a photo of a product with unique packaging.
- More than 80% of those sharing consumers would do so on Facebook.
- Businesses that invest in their packaging could see a 30% increase in interest in their product.
- Over 70% of consumers say they expect higher quality packaging when buying expensive online products.
- More than half of consumers are likely to buy again from a retailer that provides premium packaging.
The survey even tracked some offline behavior, as well:
- 90% of consumers have re-used product boxes and bags.
- 30% of consumers have discovered brands after seeing enticing packaging in public.
Getting the Face of Your Product Out There
All of the numbers above are from a few years ago and-with the further rise of social media-it's likely that they've only risen. Social media is the new "word of mouth," and can help your existing customers become willing ambassadors of your brand. Why not provide them with product packaging that is worth sharing and talking about?
If you are looking for modern, dynamic, and unique product packaging design, our team at Jansy Packaging is ready to hear from you. Our professionals partner with client businesses and are equipped to handle the entire design and production progress for you and your new product.
Want to learn more about how we can help you? Call Jansy Packaging today.